Saturday, January 31, 2009

DOG ON IT by SPENCER QUINN


Bernie's the human guy. He does the driving (a beat up Porsche that goes fast and makes really cool noises), the phone work, and the heavy thinking. Chet's the dog guy. He always rides shotgun and he's in charge of any task that requires a superior sense of smell. Chet also tells the story, so sometimes bits of it go missing when Chet feels an overwhelming urge to chase something or gets too blissed out scratching behind his own ears.



Bernie and Chet are a perfect partnership. Chet, while cognizant of some of Bernie's shortcomings still thinks he's the smartest funniest human alive. Bernie, though he doesn't always get Chet's doggy communications recognizes his superiority as a dog and a friend.


And missing bits of the story due to a certain someone's need to bury a bone in the backyard is a small price to pay. Dog On It is a delightful romp, suitable for plane ride or beach or long winter's night. You'll read it in two sittings, and while you might not remember that much later(missing child, Russian mobsters, sexy lady reporter) you will be left wanting more.




Disclosure: In accordance with new FTC guidelines for bloggers I must let you know that I received a free review copy of this title.  My reviews are just that: reviews.  They are not endorsements, nor am I ever compensated for posting my opinion.  

1 comment:

rhtehe said...

Do you know the Archlord gold, in the game you need the
Archlord money. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy Archlord gold, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
archlord online Gold, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
cheap Archlord gold. I am happy with him.
Do you know the cabal alz , in the game you need the
cabal gold. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy cabal alz, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
cabal money, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
cabal online alz. I am happy with him.