Sunday, February 22, 2009

Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker

The BoneMan, or, more frequently, just BoneMan, no article thank-you-very-much, is a fairly typical post-Hannibal the Cannibal serial killer. He has a schtick--kills his victims by breaking their bones, one at a time, without ever breaking the skin. He has a fetish--clear, unblemished, unbroken skin. He has a childhood trauma--a mommy who didn't love him enough. His given name is Alvin, but you can call him Satan.


Ryan Evans is a naval intelligence officer on loan to the army, who is abducted by insurgents in Iraq, tortured, and experiences an epiphany of non-religious dimensions, inspiring him to be a better husband and a better father. But his wife is leaving him and his daughter hates him and here comes the BoneMan. Or just BoneMan, Ted Dekker can't ever seem to make up his mind.


BoneMan's Daughters moves quickly, but there isn't an original bone, ahem, in its body. A snack between Jeffrey Deavers and Dean Koontzes, but not really a meal proper.




Disclosure: In accordance with new FTC guidelines for bloggers I must let you know that I received a free review copy of this title.  My reviews are just that: reviews.  They are not endorsements, nor am I ever compensated for posting my opinion.  I am, however, an Amazon affiliate, which means that if you make a purchase from Amazon after clicking through a link on my site--even if you don't buy a title to which I've linked!--I will receive a small commission.

1 comment:

rhtehe said...

Do you know the Archlord gold, in the game you need the
Archlord money. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy Archlord gold, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
archlord online Gold, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
cheap Archlord gold. I am happy with him.
Do you know the fiesta Gold, in the game you need the
fiesta money. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy fiesta Gold, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
fiesta online gold, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
fiesta online money. I am happy with him.