Friday, June 11, 2010

Reading Harry Potter: Part Three

I got the e-mail yesterday.  From Padric: As summer approaches--spiritually, solstice to equinox, rather than sartorially, Memorial to Labour (yes, with a U) Day, my thoughts, as usual for this time of year, turn to Harry Potter.  (Padric does take the sartorial seasons very seriously.  I always feel a little self-conscious if I see him in the winter and I'm wearing white pants. I don't wear white pants very often, not liking the literary character I feel most like when I do so.)


We missed our February read this year.  It's been a fucked up kind of a year,maybe 18 months, starting, oh, back in early 2009.  But, although we'll each be sandwiching our Harry Potter read between epic-length tomes--Padric has gotten his hands on an ARC of volume one of Ken Follett's Century Trilogy, Fall of Giants.  900 pages in the first installment alone.  And I am deep into The Passage, also the first volume of a projected trilogy and also clocking in with a fairly hefty page count of nearly 800 pages--we will fit all seven volumes in between now and August.


Stay tuned.  And join us, if you like.  We'd love to have you!


No comments: