Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Reading From The Observer

Another summer reading list, this one from writers and critics in the UK's The Observer.  This list is a little different from Stephen King's.  


I'm just sayin'.


Of all the titles on this list--the vast majority of which I have not read--I am most intrigued by two I hadn't even heard of.  The Slap is by Australian author Christos Tsiolkas, and  examines the fallout after a man slaps a child not his own at a barbecue (not that I've ever wanted to do anything like that, mind you).  And Paul Murray's Skippy Dies which, according to the recommender, is of "Dickensian proportions and yet is told with verve and brio."




2 comments:

EnriqueFreeque said...

Whoah, that Satan Wants Me by Robert Irwin (never heard of him either) sounds divine!

I bet if my kids had been at that barbecue, you'd of wanted to slap them. ;-)

Jules@OneBookShy said...

Hi,

Just found you on Book Blogs. I'm following you now & hope you'll come by my new blog at http://onebookshy.blogspot.com

Thanks!
Jules