Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Last Bookstore

How can I not want to see this short film?  Alexandria, which premiered last year at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, is about three men in a post-apocalyptic bookstore.  Well, I suppose the world is post-apocalyptic, and the bookstore is in it...but you get my drift.  At any rate, two of my favorite things in one piece of art: bookstores and apocalypse.  Ahhh...

Here's the link to the official website.

Here's the trailer:



Thanks to GalleyCat at Mediabistro for being such an awesome daily compiler of bookworld news!

2 comments:

EnriqueFreeque said...

"Trapped in a bookstore" -- not a nightmare, a dream come true! Looks good, thanks for linking it.

Speaking of bookstores, I meant to mention earlier that when I was at Borders last weekend (I saw a new book in the A or B lit. section by a foreign author/foreign sounding press, names escape me) that had bookshelves on the cover (your eyes can't help but zoom there) that was some type of bookstore genre bending mystery something or other. Sounds right up your alley. I'll have to go back this weekend to see what it was.

Rebecca Glenn said...

Genre bending mystery? I'm in.