Tuesday, November 23, 2010

New Release Tuesday

Let's start with the obvious. Former candidate for vice president, reality TV star, and mama grizzly Sarah Palin releases her second book, America By Heart. Mrs. Palin has many fans, and they will buy  her book. 

I will not buy her book, though I will sell many copies.



This week's big fat biography is the third and final installment of Edmund Morris's epic life of Theodore Roosevelt. Reviewers in the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and the Washington Times call it, variously, "gripping," "captivating," and "eloquent."


There are new thrillers from Steve Berry and Brad Thor.


And there's literary fiction from Steve Martin, set in the art world of New York. 



Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist is beloved by many--I think his official fan count is a gazillion. Hey you guys, here's the graphic novel version.


In the "takes one to know one" category, Whiter Shades of Pale from Christian Lander, the man who brings us Stuff White People Like. As a latte-drinking, NPR-listening, Moleskine notebook-carrying white person who always brings her own bags to the grocery store, I think he's hilarious.


My nomination for this week's most ridiculous new release has to be Kardashian Konfidential.


Really?


Reviewed one of this week's new releases? Link it up!





4 comments:

Man of la Books said...

The Alchemist graphic novel looks like it's going to be great.

I cannot wait to read Col Roosevelt but I'd like to read the first two installments prior.

http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

TheBookGirl said...

I started the Steve Martin book a few nights ago, and quickly set it down. It just didn't engage me, and I have so much else to read, I decided to let it go.

Rebecca Glenn said...

I looked at The Alchemist today, and it really is a beautiful version.

I'm disappointed to hear about the Steve Martin. I've got a copy...now I'm not sure if I'm going to bother.

I'll let you know!

Cara Lopez Lee said...

Thanks for "New Release Tuesday." I didn't know Steve Martin had a new book out, and thanks to you now I do. Martin's smart, funny writing is delicious as dark chocolate for the brain, so "An Object of Beauty" is going on my to-read list!