Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pynchon Trails King on Facebook. What, You're Not Suprised?


Galleycat, using "unofficial Facebook resource" All Facebook has compiled a list of the most popular authors on Facebook. Happily, although Stephenie Meyer is on the list, she comes in at number six, with 261,176 fans.

 Stephen King is number one, with 1,302,973 fans. 





King is followed by Nicholas Sparks (506,300) and George Orwell (399,403).









Shakepeare comes in at number four, with a mere 356,920 fans. Say what?



My boy Pynchon doesn't chart anywhere near the top twenty, with his measly 1,347 fans.

Don't worry Tommy, you'll always be number one in my heart.

2 comments:

EnriqueFreeque said...

Cool post Becky! But how did you access Pynchon's number. Is there a complete list? I couldn't find it.

Rebecca Glenn said...

Click on the All Facebook link, then just play around with the page tabs, etc. It took me a couple of tries, but I found him. I didn't try any other authors, but I suspect that if Pynchon has a fan page practically anybody else does...he's not exactly high on most FBer's radar, I would imagine.