Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Release Tuesday

There are a lot of new releases this week, on all sorts of topics, with a surprising number of titles hitting the street on Thursday instead of Tuesday. I don't know what to tell you about that, but if any of these interest you don't make a special trip to the bookstore until you check the release date.

BIOGRAPHY & MEMOIR


Growing up the son of 
an American icon, the son of a cokehead, the son of a hardscrabble Texas family.



Political activism in and exile from Iran, 
political activism and search for enlightenment in Tibet.

HISTORY, POLITICS, SOCIOLOGY


Historian and environmentalist Douglas Brinkley's account of 
the Alaskan wilderness movement, from 1879 to 1960.


For military history enthusiasts, Stephen Budiansky's study of the War of 1812.


The sociology of recession and of games.




Um, okay.

Now for the fun stuff.

MYSTERIES


 ROMANCE


 GENERAL FICTION





I have only read one of the fiction new releases--The Weird Sisters, which I quite liked and reviewed yesterday--but several of them look good to me. (And I just want to make the observation, for whatever it's worth, that Jed Rubenfeld is the husband of 
Amy Chua, whose controversial memoir Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother 
was released last week.)

Have you reviewed any recent new releases? Link up your review below, and make my readers your readers.




 

3 comments:

EnriqueFreeque said...

Gee, thanks for the "Dr." Laura update!

;-)

Rebecca Glenn said...

Yeah, EF, I was so disappointed--yeah, we'll call it disappointed--to see how few copies we received in the store. Guess the gild is off the lily.

TheBookGirl said...

Wow, I didn't know that Jed Rubenfeld was married to Amy Chua!
I want to read his book and I really want to read hers. Thanks for the info!