Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Reader's Resolutions

In 2011 I resolve to:
  • Read more books.
  • Read more carefully.
  • Read outside my comfort zone--that is to say, read a little nonfiction--at least once a month. Okay, once a quarter.
  • Share the reading experience whenever possible.
  • Press more books upon people.
  • Write more reviews.
Do you have any reading related resolutions for the new year? Will you buckle down, or perhaps lighten up? Give up guilty pleasures or dive into them with abandon? Read more? Maybe less?

7 comments:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I have the read outside my comfort zone resolution :) I read non-fiction so it is more to anything fiction that falls outside the PNR and UF ranges :)

Laurie said...

Great Resolutions! Good luck this year! I am a new follower thru the Blog Hop!
Laurie
http://lauriethoughts-reviews.blogspot.com/
http://lauries-interviews.blogspot.com/

EnriqueFreeque said...

Love the new look of your blog.

I've resolved to daily input books into my book store until what I have for sale is completely input. Two books a day and by year's end (assuming I don't acquire more to sell during the year, probably fat chance of that) I should the 500 thereabouts I need to get listed.

Good luck with yours. One probably pretty easy non-fiction to read would be that Autobiography of Mark Twain, eh? Unless you've already read it.

Sugar Creek Cottage said...

I'm now following you through the Book Blogs group. Love the look of your blog! I'm hosting a reading challenge for 2011...stop and have a look.
Kim
http://sugarcreekcottage.blogspot.com/

Laurie said...

I love the look of you blog. I would love to get in touch with the designer.

Rebecca Glenn said...

Laurie--her name is Jessica, and she blogs here. Her blog is a book blog (!), but she has a tab for blog designs.

Becky

TheBookGirl said...

Good luck with your resolutions!
I did the reading outside my comfort zone thing last year, and it provided surprisingly enjoyable.

My one resolution reading wise this year is to read more things just for me, just for fun, like I used to before I started blogging, lol.