Saturday, February 5, 2011

Reading Roundup

READ

I can't stress enough how terrible it is that Trevanian has fallen out of fashion. Read him, for heaven's sake! He's smart and funny, and the action never stops in this send-up of Bond-style actioners. Here's my review of The Eiger Sanction; in a few days I expect to have one done for The Loo Sanction, which advance word tells me is even more over-the-top than the first.

READING

My book-starting eyes are bigger than my reading stomach this week. I've got so many going at once, I'm just going to mention three.


I am so in thriller mode this week, and how different each of these is. The Loo Sanction, of course, is another sly Trevanian spoof, which features, once again, the art collector/assassin Jonathan Hemlock. Lawrence Sanders' The Passion of Molly T., published in 1984, is set a few years in the future and follows the rise of the National Women's Union and their militia-adjunct. Oh yeah. And Colin Harrison's Manhattan Nocturne is a smooth, dark New York noir, about an investigative newspaper reporter who's in too deep.

BOOKS THAT FOLLOWED ME HOME




That's it for my week in books. How was your week? Why not link up your best or favorite book-related post of the week, and make my readers your readers?


2 comments:

EnriqueFreeque said...

That Heart, You Bully, You Punk followed me home too recently. It opens with a poem by the same title and author of the book that is quite stirring.

bookspersonally said...

These sound great - enjoyed visiting your blog! Following & looking fwd to more.