Monday, June 20, 2011

New Release Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Not a huge week for new releases (unless you're a fan of series romance...but since they all come out on the same day each month, there are far too many to enumerate here).

MYSTERY/THRILLER

The biggest new title this week, at least in terms of sales, is sure to be Janet Evanovich's latest Stephanie Plum, Smokin' Seventeen. What can I say? If you're a fan, it's sure to satisfy.

James Rollins's seventh Sigma Force novel, The Devil Colony, looks to be an exciting summer read.

But...Karin Slaughter is one of the best writers of nasty thrillers working today, so her newest Faith Mitchell novel, Fallen, is the one in this category I'm looking forward to reading. 


FICTION

There is a new one from another popular author, Alexander McCall Smith, but it's not an addition to either of his well-established series. The Dog Who Came in From the Cold is the second Corduroy Mansions book; I must admit I know nothing about them, but both do have dogs on the cover, which bodes well.

NONFICTION

 Memoir, part two, from La Toya Jackson.

If you're into true crime or the drug wars, At the Devil's Table, about the Colombian Cali cartel, looks pretty juicy.

Have you reviewed any new or recent releases lately? Link your review(s) up here and share your insights with us all.

5 comments:

Donna said...

I am linking up my latest review now. Thanks. I am hosting a give away on my blog and would love to have to check it out. Donna

http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

Tina Peterson said...

Hi - thanks for the linky. I am #2 on the linky. This book isn't being released until October - and I loved it!

Enjoy! Tina "The Book Lady"

Marce said...

Rebecca, I linked my review of Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes that I took from your recommendation. I added your link also.

Thank you

Rebecca Glenn said...

Thanks, gals, for your reviews!

karen! said...

The Corduroy Mansions books are quite similar to 44 Scotland Street. Here's my review of the first one.

In any case, happy Friday!
I'm just visiting from Parajunkee and wanted to let you know that I'm following you now.