Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Release Tuesday, 28 June 2011

James Patterson has to get top billing this week, as he has two, count 'em, two novels released on the same day.


Now You See Her is one of his bi-monthly co-authored factory productions. And Middle School, The Worst Years of My Life (also co-authored) is an intermediate level illustrated novel (thank you, Jeff Kinney) about an uncool kid who devises a plan to break every rule at his new middle school.


Monica Ali's Untold Story imagines what Princess Diana's life would have been like if she were alive and living incognito in a small town in the United States. Bobbi Ann Mason and Karleen Koen each have new historical novels. Mason's The Girl in the Blue Beret is set in Occupied Europe during World War II, while Koen's goes back to the court of Louis XIV.

Only two nonfiction titles on our brief list this week. How the Hippies Saved Physics sounds like it could be a lark of a read, as David Kaiser examines the revitalization of physics in the 1970s by the psychedelic counterculture. Well all right.


Back to France with the next title, Paris to the Past, which visits French historical sites within a day's train ride of Paris.


I know I've missed lots of this week's releases, so let me know what should have been featured. And if you have a review of a new, recent, or upcoming title, why not link it up below and share it with the rest of us?


1 comment:

Donna said...

What a great idea. I have to update Silver whatever first! lol I am a new follower and would love a follow visit to my blog when you have a moment. Donna

http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

Now, let me do what I need to do to link up.